If you’ve been thinking about volunteering with CSGS, or know someone who would be a perfect addition to the CSGS Council, now is your chance! Join the CSGS Council, represent your student body on our council and help enhance the FCS Community.
You can nominate yourself and others for any of our Council positions, you can also have someone else nominate you for CSGS Council by simply sending us your nominations for CSGS Council through email to the CSGS Election Chair within the Nomination period.
Important Dates and Information
- Nomination Period: March 2nd – 15th, 2018
- Announcement of Candidates: March 16th, 2018
- Voting Period: March 16th – 29th, 2018
- Voting URL: https://projects.cs.dal.ca/cselections/csgs/vote.php
- Election Chair: Gabriella Mosquera (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
All nominations have to be submitted to the Elections Officer, via email, and include the following details:
- Nominee’s/your full name and position they/you are interested in,
- Nominee’s/your contact email, and
- A short statement as to why they/you would be the best candidate for the specific position (up to 450 words)
The nominations will be accepted until March 15th (by 11:59 PM). The CSGS Elections officer will then email those who are nominated and give them the opportunity to accept or decline the nomination. This will be followed by a voting period that ends on March 29th (by 10:00 AM). The elected council will be announced soon after.
We are currently accepting nominations for this year’s Computer Science Graduate Society (CSGS) council. The following positions are available:
- Executive (5 positions available)
- Vice-President Internal
- Vice-President External
- Ph.D. Representative
- MCS Representative
- MACS Representative
- MEC Representative
- MHI Representative
- Member-at-Large I
- Member-at-Large II
This year’s CSGS election will decide the selection of up to 5 candidates for the executive positions (as a group), the individual program representatives and the member at large. Following the election, the newly elected council will vote on which of the candidates chosen for the executive will fill each of the specific executive positions.
Our detailed elections policy is available in By-Law (B) of the CSGS constitution).
Only CS graduate students will be eligible to vote during the elections.